WONDER DRUG has won awards/received nominations in over 20 international film festival screenplay competitions and labs, most notably
* Promoted as a "Featured Script" on The Black List in 2018.
* Semifinals in 2017 Academy Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting (one of only 151 entries to emerge from the Quarterfinal Round, with 7,102 scripts entered). View WONDER DRUG's listing on the Oscars website HERE.
* 2017 Bitch List honoree.
* Hamptons Screenwriters Lab Participant, WONDER DRUG selected as an Alfred P. Sloan Foundation script. Lab is co-sponsored by the Hamptons International Film Festival and Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. Caitlin McCarthy’s mentors were Tom Gilroy (SPRING FORWARD) and Joshua Marston (MARIA FULL OF GRACE).
* 15th Annual Hamptons International Film Festival, WONDER DRUG chosen for a live staged reading of select scenes and panel discussion. Reading starred Steve Guttenberg (THREE MEN AND A BABY). Panel discussion featured Caitlin McCarthy and her scientific mentor P. Harry Jellinck. Event co-sponsored by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
* Richmond International Film & Music Festival, Grand Jury Award for Best Feature Screenplay.
* Action on Film International Film Festival, Winner, “Most Likely To Be Produced” Screenplay Award. Screenplay was also nominated for Best Script, and selected for interpretation on camera. A scene from WONDER DRUG was shown as a “preview” at Pasadena’s Regency Academy Theatre during a block of film screenings at the festival.
* Woods Hole Film Festival, Winner, Best Science Screenplay.
* Sundance January Screenwriters Lab, Finalist.
* Tribeca All Access (part of the Tribeca Film Institute), Finalist.
* Film Independent’s Fast Track Program, Finalist.
* Atlanta Film Festival’s Screenplay Competition, Finalist.
* Beverly Hills Film Festival, Finalist.