WONDER DRUG has won awards/received nominations in over 20 international film festival screenplay competitions and labs, most notably
* Promoted as a "Featured Script" on the Black List website in 2018.
competition (out of 7,302 entries).
* 2017 Bitch List honoree.
* Hamptons Screenwriters Lab Participant, WONDER DRUG selected as an Alfred P. Sloan Foundation script. Lab is co-sponsored by the Hamptons International Film Festival and Alfred P. Sloan Foundation. Caitlin McCarthy’s mentors were Tom Gilroy (SPRING FORWARD) and Joshua Marston (MARIA FULL OF GRACE).
* 15th Annual Hamptons International Film Festival, WONDER DRUG chosen for a live staged reading of select scenes and panel discussion. Reading starred Steve Guttenberg (THREE MEN AND A BABY). Panel discussion featured Caitlin McCarthy and her scientific mentor P. Harry Jellinck. Event co-sponsored by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
* Richmond International Film & Music Festival, Grand Jury Award for Best Feature Screenplay.
* Action on Film International Film Festival, Winner, “Most Likely To Be Produced” Screenplay Award. Screenplay was also nominated for Best Script, and selected for interpretation on camera. A scene from WONDER DRUG was shown as a “preview” at Pasadena’s Regency Academy Theatre during a block of film screenings at the festival.
* Woods Hole Film Festival, Winner, Best Science Screenplay.
* Table Read My Screenplay - Park City, Top 3.
* Sundance January Screenwriters Lab, Finalist.
* Tribeca All Access (part of the Tribeca Film Institute), Finalist.
* Film Independent’s Fast Track Program, Finalist.
* Atlanta Film Festival’s Screenplay Competition, Finalist.
* Beverly Hills Film Festival, Finalist.
* Semifinalist in the Women In Film and The Black List Writing Labs 2020 Feature Residency.